Lists are totally my jam.
So when I turned twenty-one, I made a list of twenty-one things to do before I turned twenty-two. Just like I did the year before. And now that that milestone has come and gone, here’s a recap of everything that did (and didn’t) happen.
While this self-professed list-maker panicked and stressed out a little (or a lot) over those things that didn’t get crossed off, I decided to take things easy and let them go. Because hey, it’s supposed to be FUN after all (:
(I didn’t blog about all of them. But you can click through on some of them to read those that I did!)
1. Document my life at 21. (Project Life, here I come!)
2. Make 21 DIY projects. (I made 13 out of 21 projects!)
3. Get onto the dean’s list at school. 5. SAVE MONEY. 7. Buy one outfit online.
8. Read at least one book a month. (I read 9 out of 12 books.)
9. Participate in at least 2 runs.
10. Go on a picnic.
11. Spend a day at the park.
12. Cook more Chinese food.
13. Write at least 5 thank you cards.
15. Keep a running log of distances I run each month.
17. Take pictures with and develop photos from a disposable camera.
18. Learn 300 new vocabulary words.
19. Not spend money for a month.
20. Have a baking date/tea party.
21. Happy surprise someone.
In all honesty, I think I did much better on the list last year, and could’ve been more diligent with this year’s list. But between trying to keep up with freshman year, making memories + being with family, this list inevitably got pushed to the back some days. And maybe, I might’ve been a little bit ambitious trying to make 21 DIY projects AND cook/bake 21 new recipes.
Anyhow, I had lots of fun working on this – as always. To be sure, I’m going to put some of these things into the next list, since I didn’t get to them this year (:
Check back soon for the twenty-two list!